Students, you may have received a passcode card with your text. At this time, this Online Learning Center is not passcode-protected, so no special code is needed. You can access the student materials on this site without using the code on the card.
Through the Prescott 2002 Online Learning Center, everything
you need for effective, interactive teaching and learning is at your fingertips.
Moreover, this vast McGraw-Hill resource is easily loaded into course management
systems such as WebCT or Blackboard. Through the Online Learning Center, you
will also link to McGraw-Hill’s new Biocourse.com site with a
huge dynamic array of resources to supplement your learning experience in microbiology.
Some of the online features you will find to support your use of Microbiology
by Prescott, Harley and Klein include:
For the Student:
- Additional multiple choice questions in a self-quizzing interactive format
- Electronic flashcards to review key vocabulary
- Study Outlines
- Web Links and Exercises
- Clinical Case Studies
- An Interactive Time Line detailing events and highlighting personalities
critical to the development of microbiology
- Study Tips
- Student Tutorial Service
For the Instructor:
- A complete Instructor’s Manual containing chapter overviews and objectives, chapter resource guides, correlation guides, and more.
- A comprehensive Test Item File, written by David Mullin of Tulane University is available through Page Out. The Test Item File
containing over 2500 questions, and password protected, provides a powerful
- The Laboratory Resource Guide provides answers to all exercises
in Laboratory Exercises in Microbiology, Fifth Edition by John Harley
and Lansing Prescott.
- All images and tables from the text in an downloadable format for classroom
- Correlation guides for use of all resources available with the text and
to the ASM Guidelines
- Answers to Critical Thinking Questions in the text
- Web Links to active microbiology sites and to other sites with teaching
- A Course Consultant to answer your specific questions about
using McGraw-Hill resources with your syllabus
Visit our Information Center to view a Sample Chapter, find out What’s New
in the fifth edition, read About the Authors, learn about the Supplements, or
read what others are saying about the revision of Microbiology.
For a complete listing of all student and instructor resources, visit the Student
Center or the Instructor Center by clicking on those words on the left of your
screen. Student passwords are available with each new copy of Microbiology,
Fifth Edition. Instructor passwords are available from your local McGraw-Hill
representative. To locate your representative, visit our McGraw-Hill web site