Some of the study materials included here are excerpted from the Student Study Guide written by William J. Stevenson, which is also in print for purchase. Ask your instructor and/or bookstore to order copies -use ISBN 0073195855. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
• List some of the main reasons organizations need to make location decisions.
• Explain why location decisions are important.
• Discuss the options that are available for location decisions.
• Describe some of the major factors that affect location decisions.
• Outline the decision process for making these kinds of decisions.
• Use the techniques presented to solve typical problems.