(See related pages)
- Why should the average manager be well versed in the various motivation theories?
- From a practical standpoint, what are the major drawbacks of theories of motivation based on internal factors such as needs and satisfaction?
- How have hygiene factors and motivators influenced your job satisfaction and performance?
- Have you experienced positive or negative inequity at work? Describe the circumstances in terms of the inputs and outcomes of the comparison person and yourself.
- What is your definition of studying hard? What is your expectancy for earning an A on the next exam in this course? What is the basis of this expectancy?
- If someone who reported to you at work had a low expectancy for successful performance, what could you do to increase this person's expectancy?
- Goal setting research suggests that people should be given difficult goals. How does this prescription mesh with expectancy theory? Explain.
- How could a professor use equity, expectancy, and goal setting theories to motivate students?
- Which of the four types of job design is most likely to be used in the future? Explain your rationale.
- What are the three most important lessons about employee motivation that you have learned from this chapter?