|Selecting Employees and Placing Them in Jobs|
Premium Content that is available for purchase is identified with an asterisk (*) that precedes the content name. Premium Content available for this title includes:
- Manager's Hot Seat (Course-wide content)
- Test Your Knowledge Exercises (Course-wide content)
- Self-Assessment Exercises (Course-wide content)
- PowerPoint Presentations (Chapter Content)
- Narrated Slides (Chapter Content)
- iPod Content (Chapter Content)
- Video Activities (Chapter Content)
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
Identify the elements of the selection process.
Define ways to measure the success of a selection method.
Summarize the government's requirements for employee selection.
Compare the common methods used for selecting human resources.
Describe major types of employment tests.
Discuss how to conduct effective interviews.
Explain how employers carry out the process of making a selection decision.