|Influencing the Political Environment|
Chapter ObjectivesThis Chapter Focuses on These Key Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the arguments for and against business participation in the political process.
- Knowing the types of corporate political strategies and the influences on an organization's development of a particular strategy.
- Assessing the tactics businesses can use to be involved in the political process.
- Examining the role of the public affairs department and its staff.
- Analyzing how the problem of money and campaign financing in the American political system affects business.
- Recognizing the challenges business faces in managing business–government relations in different countries.